Thursday, September 29, 2011

Dreamers date!

And so we selected a movie.

Truly, I'm not sure I can adequately express how happy I was, how excited.  Sam has been working a lot.  And he has been leaving early.  And we have both been tired with a lot of demands upon our time.  Going places is almost too much of an effort sometimes.  Deviating from our routine is so much work.

We decided upon Contagion.  I mean, how can you go wrong with Matt Damon?  You can't.  And this movie had such a high rating from critics.

Of the movie times available, we decided to go to the 4:45 showing.  We wanted to beat the crowds and get in at the reduced rate.  We're frugal like that.

One thing I love about technology is also something I hate about technology.  It can break down so easily...like in the middle of dispensing the movie tickets purchased at the automatic ticket counter.  And then the guy at customer service was completely baffled with what to do with us.  His boss took FOREVER getting us the other ticket and the receipt.  I should have gotten a pretzel out of it, or some candy, or some candy or mozzarella sticks...instead all I got was annoyed.

Ah, but then the movie started.  And I had only missed one of my beloved previews.  And it wasn't even for a movie I had considered seeing.  And we settled in and enjoyed.


Until we decided we were hungry...during the last fifteen minutes.  Hunger can be a very powerful thing.

Sam was voting for Hooters wings.  I thought I'd rather stick a flaming hot poker in my eye.  He assures me, however, that if I would simply give their Cajun wings a try, I would find tolerating the scantily clad servers justifiable.  I doubt that.  Seriously.

Instead, we went to Outback.  We planned to eat on the patio, but a private party had already hogged the entire area.  So, we ate indoors.  Rather boring and conventional, but the food made up for it.

The bread and butter kept coming.  The Shrimp Caesar was the best salad EVER.  And the fully dressed baked potato...perfection!

Sam enjoyed watching my foodgasms.  I was really on a roll.  That's when I realized something.

me: Baby, this is the first time we've ever done dinner and a movie!  Ever.

Sam: How is that possible?  Really?

me: Yeah, we have done dinner.  We have done movies.  We have never done both together.

Yay, for more firsts.  Yay, for finding the good in life.  Yay, for really living.


This first year is off to a really great start.

2 comments:

  1. Really? That was a first? Actually, wait. I don't think in our years and years together that Brian and I have done dinner and a movie together. Dinner? Yes. Movie? Yes. Both in the same shot? Nope. That's weird! Anyway, I'm glad you two enjoyed some movie time and delicious Outback. Mmm, Outback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outback is wonderful. We love that place. Dinner and a movie isn't something we often have time for with my physical limitations. But its something I'd love to try once again, its been years!

    ReplyDelete