Thursday, September 29, 2011

Dreamers live in the moment

We're redecorating.

Bit by bit.

The great room may be done later this weekend.  Or early next week.  It's hard to say.  We have a lot going on.

Sam managed to get us sucked into an Open House at Direct Buy tonight.  Yeah.  Of all people.  Of course, I shouldn't say anything yet.  He has proven to be an incredible shopper lately.  Mostly because he isn't afraid to speak up.

He managed to get us a box of fire starter logs..24 of them...for only $3.99.  The shelf was labeled that way and the manager honored it.  And someone else probably lost a job, but mostly...we ended up with a great deal.

And then there was the visit to Lowe's where he ended up getting the spider for 25% off.  Huge savings.  And we'll be all decorated for Halloween this year.  Yay!  One thing at a time.  Halloween is his holiday.  Christmas is mine.  I love it warm and cozy.

So, aside from the two hours of my life I will never get back after tonight, there is also the matter of the Renaissance Festival on Saturday and football on Sunday.  And while I'm looking back over all the changes taking place, I can't help but think about what to do with this big hulking wall in the living room.

There's a quote by Mark Twain that I absolutely love:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

It's so me.  It speaks to me.  And it made me think about how I could use it in the room.  We've had a really big life already.  We have traveled and had our share of adventures.  We have truly explored and embraced trying new things.  We're married now...which may just be the biggest adventure of them all.


We tried our hand at sailing.  We still own a sailboat.  We had some glorious weekends in Charleston, living on the water.  (That was more my dream than his, but he truly embraced it to make me happy.)

And I am happy.  I really live.  I truly love.  And every day...I grow.  I never want to look back with regrets in 20 years, or 30 years...or ever.  We're on the right path.

Where is yours leading you?

3 comments:

  1. I think you meant 'Twain', not Train.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would be correct! Nice catch. And now I'll correct. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote too! I'm living and loving in every moment the best I can. Thank you for the reminder, Nicki.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete