Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dreamers make connections

I didn't feel like doing much on Monday.  Sometimes, it's really hard for me to motivate on a Monday.  I was doing the best I could.

Sure, I woke up and did my posting.  I helped Sam type up a proposal.  I even took my walk.  I finished some more work on the computer.  I'm writing a blog for a company that I have been writing SEO articles for over the past six months.  Check out the blog.  We're hosting our first giveaway! 

After that it was shower time.  Lately, that simply tires me right out.  After the shower, I could take a nap.  Only, I didn't have time.  I was supposed to be at a cookie party.

So, I went.

Only my head hasn't been on right lately.  I drove most of the way there, only to discover that I had forgotten my wallet.  And I needed it for this party...and for driving...and for the grocery shopping I had to do later on the way home.  That meant I had to turn back.

Back to the house.  Only once I arrived, I really didn't feel like going out again.  I called to announce and explain my lateness.  And that's when I somehow rallied.

As much as possible, I try to keep my commitments.  I try to be whee I say I am going to be.  I try to do what I say I am going to do.  This dreamer is dependable.  Mostly.  When she's not forgetting her wallet.

Thank goodness I rallied.  It turned out to be a really important meet and greet.  Oh, and the cookies were good, too.  Ah, but not as good as me.  I only ate one cookie.  It was chocolate chip...only more like chocolate chunk.  It was so good that it was all I could do to not lick the crumbs off the plate.  I'm a good girl.  And I'm practically house broken.

So, I walked away feeling good about having forced myself to follow through.  And I felt good to have met the women I met because I can tell it is going to lead to bigger and better things.  And I'm still contemplating a nap, but history suggests I won't have time for one.

We have a big life planned.  Time's a wasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment