Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dreamers know life is a great balancing act

Because it is.

And there are so many days that I feel like I have dropped my pole.  I'm standing there with my teeny tiny Cinderella feet halfway between platforms and everyone can see my butt because chances are it is way too big for the outfit to cover.  Such is my life.

I'm struggling to make everyone happy lately.  And for the most part, I'm doing okay.  Sam is mostly happy...although business is tough, a series of ups and downs, excitements and disappointments.  We're used to it.  At least...I'm used to it.  And we have plans to stay steadily working through winter.  We hope.

If I could only progress farther in my writing career, I'd be truly happy.  I just keep getting side tracked.  There are so many other aspects of my life that take priority.  Oh, but I have big hopes for this weekend.

Sam will be working.  The kids will be mostly gone and working.  And I will have hours...yes HOURS of time to write.  I live in a really quiet home, until they all arrive...or descend upon us.  Call it what you will.

And writing is something best done in silence.  I think.  It gives me the space I need to hear the characters' voices, to hear my voice, to get it all down.  I like being able to read aloud to edit.  And I don't want others hearing me or commenting or interjecting.  I like my space.

So, I'll make it through the next few days.  I'll keep plugging along.  I have so many things to do.  It will go quickly.

But there are moments that I want to savor.  I want to cherish every moment of our dreaming together.  I want to soak up every second we spend planning over my crack...HGTV.  I want to enjoy every moment of our family dinners and time with the kids.  It goes too quickly.  That's why today, like all days, I work on balance.

1 comment: