Thursday, September 8, 2011

Dreamers help each other out

I couldn't be as relaxed as I am right now if it weren't for Sam.  Guess it's a good thing I'm keeping him.

See, yesterday I had errands to run before picking mom up at the airport.  And I wasn't sure that I was going to make it on time.

Sam: I will make sure I'm available to pick mom up if you can't.

And that's all I needed to feel better about that.  Everything went smoothly and I was able to pick mom up with time to spare.

We ran errands.  We went to lunch.  She met Bishop and Bo Bear.  She rekindled with the grandkids.  She met Austin. 

Then we all piled into the car and met Sam and Mawmaw and Dad and Vicki at the Hibachi Grill for dinner.  It was a nice party of nine, enjoying a ridiculous amount of food.  Rachel ate the most plates.  That's my girl.  And we were mostly on our best behavior.

I was already tired then.  It was closing in on 8pm.  Mom and I rode with Sam.  The kids took my car.  And we ran a few more errands on the way home.  We had to do something about music.

Once we made it home there was still much work to be done.  Only...I didn't have to work alone.

Sam cleaned my car.  No.  Sam CLEANED my car.  He vacuumed.  He emptied garbage out.  And when that was all done...he loaded everything that could be loaded.  He was a rock star.

It freed me up to do more packing, cooking, and organizing.  I think I'm organized.  I feel mostly organized.  At this point, whatever I've forgotten doesn't need doing. 

I'm breathing just fine.  I know I can count on him.  And tomorrow, we start working on forever...together.

2 comments:

  1. Breathe. Good. Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the pictures. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. May you always know more happiness than sorrow.

    ReplyDelete