Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dreamers take time to pet the turtles

Time.  It's at a premium.

Still, I have to maintain my healthy habits.  That's why I continue to take walks.

Walks are often rewarded.  Sure, the walk itself can be the reward, the toning, the tightening, the cardiovascular health, but I love all the other little rewards that I get.

Like yesterday...I saw a turtle.

Reward!

And the greenway is gorgeous right now.  There are tons of vines and wild flowers.  There is the lovely aroma of impending fall.  It's been raining  here and there lately, so instead of a dry creek bed, I get to see a lovely stream.

There are these wooden bridges I have to take that makes me really enjoy this pastoral setting hidden in the midst of this city.  I love it.

So, I'll take the time out of my busy schedule to walk.  And I'll take care of me.  Housework be damned.  It'll still be there when I have time.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you making sure you take time to walk. I started walking in the mornings August 1st (after I stopped commuting downtown) and logged 85 miles by the end of the month. It would be so easy to just... not do it. But it feels good to keep that commitment to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are taking some much needed you time.

    ReplyDelete