Friday, September 16, 2011

Dreamers know when to lay low

That should be me...
Oh, and that's right now.

It's like all the wedding preparations and the wedding and traveling finally caught up with me.  I'm exhausted.  And, as is typical for my life, I've found so much to do...still.  I committed to a new freelance project.  I'm excited about this one.  No SEO articles.  I get to blog.

For someone who loves words and enjoys being creative, SEO articles, while they pay the bills, are really like writing obituaries.  There's not a lot of room for style and expression.  It is all about the facts, man.  My personality doesn't get to shine through at all.  And I hate sticking my light under a bushel.

So after some emails...make that lots of emails...and lunch and some writing, I've decided to give in and take my much needed nap.  I've decided to rest and recuperate.  Sam won't be home until late.  The kids won't be home for a few hours.  And while I feel like I'm squandering my potential writing time for sleep time, there are times that it is no contest.  There are times that I have no choice.

I'm trying to be kinder to my body.  I'm trying to take the best care of myself possible.  Someone has to be healthy enough to hold everything together.  And that's usually me.

In a few hours I should be rested and refreshed. I'll have a whole new perspective on life.  Rachel will make dinner.  I will still get everything done.  And life will make sense once more.

Let's face it, if I push myself too far, I'm only going to end up sick.  There are times that we need to listen to our body and heed its requests...like sleep and chocolate and relaxing baths in the new tub with some of the fizzies Jennie bought us...but especially sleep.

Take time to honor your body today.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, please listen to your body! Take good care of it, it needs you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been sleeping terribly and have therefore developed a habit of napping for an hour around 5 in the afternoon. Naps are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the nap. I am learning to embrace it. Sam has been taking them for years. I'm new, but enthusiastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please remember to take those rejuvenating naps and chocolate bliss side trips.

    ReplyDelete