Friday, November 18, 2011

Dreamers find a solution

I watch us as we struggle and scrape by right now.  And I do it in the hope that next year will be better, that these trials and tribulations will one day be a distant memory, and that we will live the life of our dreams.

Don't get me wrong.  I think  we all know that as far as accomplishing dreams go, we live pretty large.  Most of the people I know have never left the country, and traveled on a cruise ship.  Most people I know have never owned a sailboat or taken sailing lessons or spent glorious weekends living on that boat in Charleston.  Shoot, most people I know don't even have dreams.

So, tight as the finances are, we're doing just fine.

As for my computer project.  I have found a solution.  I usually do.  So far, my plan is this...write a bunch of articles for Yahoo!.  Sounds simple, right?  Only when I write for Yahoo!, I have to come up with all my own topics.  That's why they pay me more...which is still not a lot, but I'll take it.

Guess I'll be taking up residence on the couch with a purpose today...and tomorrow.  I have to write roughly ten or more articles to ensure I get the cash I need to make the changes to the site.  Templates and modules aren't cheap.

Sam was concerned when I told him all I was waiting on was more money.  He knows how much we've spent on the site already.  He wants to see a payoff.  (Don't we all?)  And I'm thisclose to making it happen.

Hence the frantic writing.  Hence the brainstorming.  Hence the incredible output.

Wish me well.  I have to make this goal.  I really do.  And when I do, I'm going to be so proud. 

And I'll start sharing links to all those articles as soon as they are published.  You can tell me if I've done well.   Oh, and if you have relationship or dating topic you would like to see me cover, do share an idea.  I reached out on Facebook yesterday, and the topic ideas were great.

1 comment: