Thursday, November 24, 2011

Dreamers give thanks...low key

We're having a quiet dinner...just the two of us.

How special I decide to make it will depend upon whether or not Sam works.  If he works, I'll make sure when he comes home we dine by candlelight.  And if he doesn't, I'll play it by ear.

He's not known for being traditionally romantic.  And I'm okay with that.  What he is...is genuine.  He's real.  And whenever he tells me something, I know he means it.

The other night, he said the prettiest things.  I was upset because even though we spend a lot of time together when it comes to physical presence, I don't always feel like I get the most quality time.  I don't always feel like we connect.  He had gone across the road and told me he'd be back in twenty minutes at the most.  I decided to use his absence to get some work done.

So, I completed two blog posts, caught up on my Facebook, checked in on Twitter, took a tinkle, and then slipped on some shoes to drag him home...possibly kicking and screaming.  It had been an hour.  It was nearly 9:30pm.  And I wanted to spend time together.  I needed snuggles.

He came quietly.  No complaining at least.  And I was in a pout.  Stupid pregnancy hormones.

Sam did what he does.  He tried to explain.  He tried to apologize.  He tried to offer comfort.  He finally did what I love.  He used such pretty words.

Sam: Baby, I don't understand. You have my whole heart.  You have all my love.  You have all my attention.  And when we're apart, I spend all my time trying to think of ways to keep you happy.

I know it's true...the keeping me happy part.  And being reminded that he loves me so very much...that was what I needed.

I turned to him, ready to speak, but instead, he kissed me.  He really kissed me.  Repeatedly.  And I was rendered speechless.

He's one of the many things I'm thankful for.  These moments are treasured.  And I have so many more to look forward to.

Our Thanksgiving may be small and intimate, but it is no less special than the ones where we are surrounded by all those we love.  Take time to appreciate all the little moments in your life.

3 comments:

  1. Oh this is lovely. D and I are having a low key intimate Thanksgiving dinner too. The beautiful thing is he does all the hard work on it. I repay him in sexual favors. (We call it the "roast tax.") I believe that's what's known as a win-win!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krys, loved your big reveal today. And I have to talk to Sam about getting some arrangements. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishful thinking here. Sighs, one day I'll get that chance to do the same.

    ReplyDelete