Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Dreamers get it together eventually

Or at least I seem to.

I spent Sunday, before helping Priscilla, working on researching a project that I'm toying with.  I finally figured out how I want to revamp Rentable Me and I've hit nothing but walls since.  And I hate hitting walls.  I always believe that there is a way over them or around them or through them.  I'm hard headed like that.

And so, it has been a bit frustrating.

Then Sam and I had a big talk last night, while I was sitting in his lap.  Yes, we do that once in a while.  Apparently my seat across the screen porch was simply too far away, so he turned me around and hauled me into his lap.

It was a revealing conversation.  He is more comfortable talking when we're close and he can't see my face.  So he told me things he's never told me before and things he's never told anyone...and things I'm not going to tell you.  Sorry.  Spousal privilege.

One thing that he did tell me rather surprised me.

While he expects great things from the business, expects to fully be able to support the family, he feels that if there is going to be a big bread winner, it's going to be me and my writing, me and my ventures.

No pressure.

Only, I don't feel pressured.  It was strange.  Instead, I felt determined.  I had to make this happen.  I had to make this work.  And in some ways, I just knew how to.  I instinctively knew what to do to complete some of the tasks I have at hand.  I'm going to have to beg Meredith for a Skype talk.  I like running things by her.  She gives great advice.  And I'm going to do what I said I was going to do.

November is National Novel Writing Month: NaNoWriMo.  And I have been off to a horrible start.  Except that after last night's discussion, this morning, it was easy.  I have been writing away.  I have been alive and alert and well.

I feel strong and confident and in control.  I've got this.  November is my big kick off month.  2012 is promising to be my biggest year yet.  I can do it.  I must.

So, tell me what you are going to do to prepare for the coming year.  Tell me what amazing plans you have for your future.  And I'll be sure to share mine as soon as humanly possible.

2 comments:

  1. I think I can swing one tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know! And yes, you can do this! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you can already guess my plans...get pregnant. As for writing a book, I always have ideas and story lines but have really no discipline to sit in front of the computer for long periods of time to write anything down. Maybe some day I'll get around to writing that "great American novel", but for now its not going to happen.

    ReplyDelete