Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Dreamers have a lazy backward day

Tuesday just started strange.

Let me explain...

To begin with, I slept on the couch.  Intrigued?  Well, not a very exciting story there, I'm afraid.  Here's how that all began.  I was having trouble sleeping.  Sam was snuggling me, but I was hot and then I was kicked just right from the inside and knew I had to pee.

So, I got up to pee.  And I heard the blanket rustling around.  And then when I went to return to the bed, he was in my spot and his spot and pretty much all the spots.  Yeah.  There was no room for me and my expanding middle. 

That's how I ended up on the couch around midnight. 

Oh, and I tossed and turned and couldn't get comfortable, even though I comfortably fall asleep there every night before I actually go to bed to sleep every night.  Finally, sleep found me.  It was probably looking in the wrong room.  And with the lights out, you can see how I could go unnoticed...

Well, at 4am, Sam bounded out into the living room.  He had noticed I wasn't in the bed and went looking for me.  And we were up.  He started making his phone calls.  Yes, there are people up at that time that he needed to speak to about work related issues.  And I laid in his lap while he talked.  Just when I thought we were going back to bed...because we went back to bed and he held me...he decided he couldn't go back to sleep.

I planned on staying in bed, but something in me wouldn't allow it.  And I don't mean the baby.  I got up and brushed my teeth.  I put on some comfy clothes.  And then, I made breakfast.  It was cinnamon toast and cooked Canadian bacon.  There was also a hot chocolate for me.  We sat on the couch after that...and fell asleep...

...until Keenan woke up.

 Then I was back to the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant, making eggs for all of us.  We ate and shared with Bishop.  Then Keenan was off to school.  And after a few hours, Sam fell back to sleep.  I had work to do.

I'm not sure how the rest of the week is going to play out.  I'm looking forward to it.  Mostly, I'm looking forward to surviving today...the day before Thanksgiving...without thinking too much about what we lost last year.

2 comments: