Monday, November 28, 2011

Dreamers thrive on discomfort

There are times that we are going through growth spurts.  And by we, I mean me and the baby.

I can tell.  Every few weeks, I'll just get really uncomfortable.  And Friday morning was no different.

Sometimes, I can't put my finger on it.  I can't figure out what's wrong, what needs to change, what I can do to fix it.  I mostly suffer in silence, but Sam always reaches out when I get too restless.

Friday morning, he started rubbing my knee and my thigh.  He looked at me expectantly, wondering what he could do to ease my discomfort.  And even though it didn't change anything for me physically, it did wonders for me mentally.

Sam pays attention.  That's one of the things I love most about him.  He really pays attention.  I've told him that I'm supposed to sleep on my left side, so he's altered his sleeping patterns.  He gives me space to lay as I need to, then relaxes into me.

I don't have the easiest of pregnancies.  They are filled with fear and concern.  We have to be super careful with my diet and my actions.  All I know is that I wouldn't want to go through this with anyone else.

There are so many reasons that we are together...so very many.  And I'm so looking forward to raising this baby with him, so looking forward to seeing him with our child.  I was upset the other day when I saw him staring at the belly.  I wasn't sure what he was thinking, but since my body has changed so much in the past few months, I imagined he was disturbed.

Sam: What are you getting upset about?  I look at your belly and I imagine our baby in there.  I wonder what he or she will look like.  I imagine our life, raising this baby together.  It's all good thoughts.

I love this man.  I love this baby.  I even love the discomfort.  Every day brings me closer to a healthy baby.  Every bit of the experience brings me closer to Sam.

2 comments:

  1. I can't commment on your other blog lately, for some reason. But two things: so glad you aren't experiencing what you did last year at this time and two, can't wait to find out what you are having! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to talk to Hostgator. They wanted to help me because I have a ridiculous amount of spam. (over 51,000 comments I haven't had time to go through...) And so they want everyone who comments to be a registered user, which is impossible.

    Thanks for the well wishes. I'm have a hormonal colored day... ;)

    ReplyDelete