Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dreamers can't sleep

First of all, I say these things not because I'm unhappy being pregnant, but because I want to remember the pregnancy...every bit of it.

Even this.

I have trouble sleeping.  And I'm going to blame it on the fact that I have trouble getting comfortable.  Already.

There are times that are easier than others, but mostly...uncomfortable.

Lucky for me, Sam really respects that.  He's so sweet that he will let himself be uncomfortable just to ensure that I'm okay.  Don't wonder for a minute over whether or not I love and appreciate this man.  I do.  I really do.

So, Sunday was great.  We had fun with friends on Saturday going to the corn maze.  Then we slept as long as we wanted Sunday.  Then Sunday was nice and laid back.  In fact, when we decided that we were tired around 2:30pm, we slept.  Yes...Sam naps with me.  Actually, Sam started the naps long long ago.  I have simply embraced them.

We slept for two hours.  Two hours.

I figured that I was in a great place.  I felt good.  I felt rested.  And I was thrilled when he wanted to go to bed at 10:30pm.

Only we went to bed, our new routine adopted.  Sam always lets me get comfortable, then he wraps himself around me.  I can't think of a better way to drift off.  Only...I couldn't drift off.

I tried other positions.  And Sam slept through it.  I moved his hand higher on the belly.  I moved his hand lower on the belly.  I moved his hand to my side.  I moved to my other side.  Nothing.

Oh, something.  I had to get out of bed to pee.  I had to kick off the covers because I have turned into this little furnace.  And I even did one thing that I love doing that usually relaxes me...I watched Sam sleep.  I turned off the television.  I snuggled in.

I only managed to get about five hours sleep.

That's okay.  I guess.  I just feel like I need to get all stocked up now because as I recall, there's not a lot of sleeping after the baby arrives.  And I can't wait for the arrival of a healthy little one.  It's going to be a while.

In the meantime...I need some sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the elusive seductive vice of sleep. We all need it, crave it, and I dare say some of us will drug ourselves up just to get it. Sleep is hard to get when excited, when a baby is growing in you and especially if your mind is too active or your body in pain. Right now its the back pain that makes it a real bitch for me to be on bed rest and try to sleep. I wish you luck.

    ReplyDelete