Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dreamers know this, too, shall pass

So the stress reached a breaking point yesterday.  It wasn't pretty.  It is, however, better.

Already.

Mostly because this dreamer found a solution.  It wasn't pretty.  It wasn't easy.  Ah, but it did solve a lot of issues.

Pawn shop.

I've never been to one before.  It was like a field trip, which is not to say an actual field trip.  Those are more fun.  And they involve cool food and sight seeing.  All I saw was a crazy man behind a row of glass cabinets and a store I had to be buzzed into that smelled funny.  When it's a high end store, I like being buzzed in.  It leaves me feeling superior and special.  When it's a pawn shop, I begin to question the sanity of my decisions and maybe even my safety a little.  Those bars around the glass didn't help.

So, I did my negotiating.  And I was very astute.  I called him out on things he had said.  I reminded him of prices he quoted.  In the end, I didn't even feel like I had been ripped off too much.  It was...almost nice...and the pressure it relived was immense.

It was only a Bandaid.  There will be more stress, I'm sure.  I just have to believe that this, too, shall pass.  I have to believe that the steps I've taken in the last 24 hours will result in a huge change.  I have to.  That's what dreamers do.

My hope springs eternal.  My mind is on overdrive with the next Bandaid.  We have some agreements in place to prevent future meltdowns.

And...the website should be up and running within a week.  Fingers crossed.  In the meantime, I'm still working with Fiverr, despite my better judgement.  And when I run out of items to pawn, I still have a kidney to sell on the black market, some perfectly good liver lobes, and there's always some blood and plasma.  See.  It's good to think ahead.  It's even better to not need that plan.

Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Wait you forgot to say you've got eggs to sell on the black market. Nicki eggs are golden eggs!

    I hope the website really starts to roll in the dough soon. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, no one wants my antique eggs. Trust me. I tried that years ago. ;)

    ReplyDelete