Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Different stages

We're entering into a new stage in our life.  We have both felt it and commented.

Sam: We need some friends who are going through what we are going through.

me: I know what you mean.  I was thinking that.

And that's why we were so excited to get together with some new old friends yesterday.  Sam knew the almost husband from when they were younger and partied together, hung out in the same crowds.  They hadn't really seen each other in years, but met up through one of Sam's employees.

Since we had just gotten married and they are about to get married, we had much to talk about.  Only, I haven't met the almost wife yet.  Our plans to get together weren't exactly coming to fruition.

But Saturday...a whole different story.

We're going to meet up at the Renaissance Festival.  Did you hear that?  We're definitely going to the festival and we're bonding with friends!

Of course, I'm excited.  Of course, I am looking forward to it.  And I have absolutely no reservations.  None.

I'm sure I'll get along with the almost wife.  I can get along with anyone I want to get along with.  Sam tells me I can be very charming.  Again...when I want to be.  Right now...I want to be.

So, we're finding people that we have more in common with, people to grow with, people that are going to be at the same stage in life as we are.  It has been so long.  When we first started dating, we had friends who had just started dating and some couple friends.  Now we're married, and we already have some married friends.  We're getting there.  We're growing.  We're embracing all the changes.

2 comments: