Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dreamers work on a brighter future

I've mentioned that there have been problems with Rachel.  There's constant stress with the ex.  There's challenges in our every day life...finding work, maintaining work, and making enough money to sustain our life.

None of this is easy.  It's hard to maintain my optimistic attitude with all this.  And there's more.  There's always more, isn't there?

Still, I face these challenges as well as I can.  Some days are easier than others.  Some days I just think about how maybe I should have stayed in bed.  Really.

So, the other day, I did what I do.  When the going gets rough, I try to plan for my future.  I try to make a plan for the changes I need to make in order to get where I need to be.

The changes were obvious.  I need to write more for money and less for myself.  If there's a way to combine the two, all the better, but right now...I don't see it.  I need to focus more on the novels and marketing.  When I did, I made more money.  And I need to make sure that I dig deep and get done what I need to do.

That's a big part of what November is about.  I need to make sure I get at least one novel written.  More would be better.  And then, of course, I need money to market and for book covers.  Nothing is free.

Once again, I have a plan.  Now I just need the energy to sustain it.  It's not even a matter of tapping into untapped energy stores.  There are none.  I'm just going to have to make better use of my time.

Time I have.  Plenty of time.  Just...management now.

How do you do it all?  I really need to know.  November is critical for the rest of the winter.  No time like the present to build a brighter future.

2 comments:

  1. I guess we're sharing intentions for November: rebuilding and discipline. We're going to do big things this November that are going to build our 2012 into something wonderful. Sure, there's a plethora of stress, but we've got this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We manage to live off of about 36,000 a year including the housing allotment in that of which is about 1,200 a month of his wages. That means we never see the housing money and it gets paid directly to his landlord. Oh and we still pay for the electric, gas, cable and so on which is not covered. The wage we really live off of is about 2000 a month before taxes. The Army doesn't pay well. Its tight, especially when paying out of pocket for the IVF which is $7,000. But then again we live within our means the rest of the time. We nothing on our credit card, have no car payment or other large debts. I guess it really is just learning to live with less and appreciating what you have.

    ReplyDelete