Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sometimes dreamers accomplish nothing at all

Seriously.  That's how my weekend felt.

We woke up Saturday and planned to go to the Renaissance Festival.  I mean, I've only been talking about it for weeks now.  Only we had a wrench thrown in the works.

Friday night before bed, Sam mentioned that his face felt swollen.  And he had been bit by a bug or spider or something earlier that day, so there was some concern.  We decided to see what the morning brought.

It brought more swelling.  And discomfort.

After an hour agonizing over what to do...we went to the Urgent Care.  And since we've been there twice now in the last few months, I'm beginning to feel like we should have our own mugs or something.  Maybe that's after the third visit.

Well, we waited an hour and Sam decided it wasn't that bad.  He didn't want to waste an entire day there.  In that hour, not one person was called back.  So, we left.

We stopped by the house, let out Bishop and headed to the Renaissance Festival.  We had friends we were trying to meet.  And the drive should have been around thirty minutes.  Right.

An hour and half into the drive, we called them.  Come to find out, they were six cars behind us, stuck in the same traffic.  They gave up after two hours, pulled along side us, and said their goodbyes.  We decided to tough it out.  Sam admitted that he wouldn't be eager to try again tomorrow and though we have several more weekends we could attend, this was the weekend that the tickets were buy one get one half price.  Twenty dollars adds up.  In my estimation, it's turkey leg, a pretzel, and some fudge.  I'm just saying...

Well, we finally gave up, too.  My bladder was screaming.  And my belly was crying.  And my happy-go-lucky attitude was threatening to take a nose dive.

So we went to Cookout, home of the pulled pork sandwich...and an astonishing selection of milkshakes.  I had chocolate.  Come one.  What else?

We didn't fix his face.  We didn't make it to the Ren Fest.  And other than reading a really great book in one sitting...the day was pretty much a wash.

That's okay.  It will be Monday soon enough.  And I'll have to start being productive all over again.

5 comments:

  1. Oh bummer! =( I'm sorry you missed that turkey leg, pretzel, and fudge. I'm hoping that Sam's face is feeling better, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting better. The funny thing is that with my ex, I would have really resented that he was messing up this fun time. With Sam, I don't mind. I know there will be other times and his health is more important. Guess I'm finally where I'm meant to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turkey legs are over rated and besides they attract a shit load of bees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - I had such a lazy Saturday I finished a book in one sitting too! It's been forever since I've done that.

    Bummer about Renaissance fair. Sounds like Sam was being a trooper. I hope he's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, at least you had each other! :)

    ReplyDelete