Monday, October 24, 2011

Dreamers glow

Or it could just be the pregnancy.

Honestly, though, I think the pregnancy is only part of it.  Sure, I get told I'm glowing.  Some of Sam's friends ran into us out and about the other day.  And they commented on it.  And they asked how it was all going.  And they were so supportive and understanding.

So, I glow.

And that's not the only change lately.  That's not the only difference.  I glow, but he does, too.


Last night was so good.  He has been so involved in this pregnancy.  I love that every week I get emails telling me what's happening inside me at the moment.  And he sits beside me and wants to know what is going on.  How big is the baby now?  What is new and exciting?  What organs are functioning?  Are the fingers and toes still webbed?

I love those moments.  I love that he always listens and is interested.  He doesn't fake stuff...at least not with me.  So, I always know exactly how he feels and what he's thinking.

He's been super sensitive to me, to my feelings.  He helps me up.  He rubs my back.   He massages my feet.  (And I'm not a foot person, so that is super special.)

And last night, we snuggled into the lounge chair.  We haven't done that in a while.  We watched our shows all cozy.  And the way he looked at me, the way he touched me and rubbed my belly, I have never felt more loved.

I caught him staring at my stomach with this wistful look.  And it melted my heart.  I knew what he was thinking.  I could just see him imagining what was happening inside me.  I saw his hopes and dreams.  I saw him picturing fatherhood, raising a baby, holding and loving on his child.  I saw it all.  And it was beautiful.  If it was even possible, I'd say I loved him even more after that.

Why wouldn't I glow?

And it's always been like that with him.  Even when I wasn't pregnant, he made me glow.  The more he loves me, the more he gives of himself, the brighter I shine.

I'm blessed.  I know this.  I cherish these moments and my life.

More than anything, I encourage you to find something that makes you glow...

3 comments:

  1. Glowing huh? Been near a nuclear reactor? J/K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No nuclear reactors. And aside from dealing with the insurance company most of the day...still pretty stinking happy.

    ReplyDelete