Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Dreamers do what they have to for their dreams to come true

Sam is stressing.

I know Sam is stressing.  I can tell Sam is stressing.  When he stresses, all he does is find fault with me.  And while I'm not perfect, I'm pretty awesome.  And given my pregnancy hormones, I'm not able to shake it all off like I normally would.

We've had a few conversations about how the hormones are affecting me, how pregnancy has turned my brain into swiss cheese.  We have discussed that he shouldn't simply tell me stuff when I have no place to write it down because I genuinely forget it.  We have even talked about how he has to bring his needs and wants to me before say....8pm.

But that hasn't been happening lately.  And I've been frustrated.

Take the other night when at nearly 10pm he decided he wanted the door hangers to have the address for the house he was doing the NEXT MORNING.  Yeah.  I was not pleased.

It resulted in a lecture about how I was supposed to be on top of things and that this is why he had me quit my job...oh, and my favorite part, that I wasn't living up to my end of the bargain.  Really?

It's because of my efforts that we have door hangers and personalized Visa gift cards to give as a referral gift and that all our books are together and online.  I'm the one who talks to the bulk of the companies we deal with and handles the emails and insurance and all the other unpleasantness.  Yes, he has a lot to cope with, but I do, too.  Dammit.  And I'm having trouble maintaining my Susie Sunshine at the moment.

The door hangers were modified and we stuck the labels on 210 of them last night.  They look good.  It was a good idea.  It's also an idea that should have been dealt with before 10pm.  We're developing our protocol.  It won't happen again because now I know what he wants and how he wants things done in that department.  Oh, but last night was rough.

And today isn't looking much better.  I have to drive about an hour each way to see one of our homeowners, pick up our signs and drop off her gift card.  She said some very nice things about us online.

Today I have to fight with the insurance company who is trying to overcharge us for workman's comp and liability.  It's going to get ugly.  I heard how the agent was speaking to Sam on the phone and I'm ready.  I've rolled up my sleeves, gathered my documentation, and I'm prepared to let him have it, if necessary.

And I'm working on finding us some sponsorship.  The local Fox network wants to help us with marketing...TV commercials.  They even want to use Bishop.  Of course.  So, we're trying to scrape together the money to make that happen.  It could be good for branding and building the company.

These stressful times will one day seem a bad and distant memory.  I have to believe that's true.  And all my hard work and all the challenges we face are only going to make us stronger, make the company all the more worthwhile and make our victories taste sweeter.

I'm ready already.  And in the meantime I'll take all the suggestions and help I can get.

3 comments:

  1. Again, let the mister know he needs to take care of you, too. It'll be practice for a fresh pink bundle of helplessness in several more months. Yes, that's right. Several. Putting good vibes out there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Meredith. I'll take all the good vibes I can get.

    Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few years down the road, you'll look back on these early months of marriage and sigh thinking that you miss the closeness that the struggle brought you. Yes, I know it sounds a bit like bull but when J and I were first married we struggled a lot but at least we had our cuddle time, now I'm lucky to get a hug with his busy schedule.

    ReplyDelete