Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dreamers make the best of their alone time

With three teens in the house, we don't get a lot of alone time.  Really hardly ever.  And so when we had a magic moment of alone time on Sunday night...we decided to make the best of it.

The rest of the weekend had been mostly...meh.  There was the swollen face.  There was the stuck in traffic.  There was a losing football game.  Other than some really good Papa John's and a pork bbq sandwich.  Funny that my highlights are food related.  Or sad.

Regardless...Sunday night...after the losing game and the pizza...after we had watched enough television...we looked at each other.

Sam: You know...the kids are gone.  We should take advantage.

me: What do you have in mind?

Sam: Let's take a bath.  It will be the perfect way to relax before bed.

So we did what we do.  He ran to clean the tub.  I grabbed our towels and a bath salt.  Jennie and George had given us quite the selection at our wedding.  And this was the first time we had a chance to use them.  We've been married a month.

And soon we were in the tub.  He sat in it first, alone.  I scrubbed his back.  He loves having his back scratched.  And then I joined him.

It was lovely.

We didn't stay in long...too hot.  And I didn't completely submerge.  That wasn't the point.  It was just lovely having some sweet and romantic alone time together.

He snuggled me in bed for a bit after that.  And then he snuggled me on the couch for a while more.

Life is good.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! for alone time. Wish my tub was big enough for two its barely big enough for one person all squished up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, did you use the lovely new spa bathroom? That picture seems to indicate as much. How relaxing and romantic!

    ReplyDelete