Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dreamers are hands on

We have been working on planning the ceremony, getting the details together.

It's a lot of work.  Seriously.  There are so many details to keep in mind.  I know why people hire wedding planners.  If you can afford to have someone handle all this, I highly recommend it.

Of course, if you are like me and very hands on, you wouldn't want to hire a planner anyway.  You'd be convinced of your ability to plan a wedding, even in a very short period of time, and you would be completely dissatisfied with the possibility of leaving anything as important as a wedding in someone else's hands.

Yeah.  So, we're doing all the planning.  Ourselves.  And I wanted to make our own cords, but I'm not entirely sure it is cost effective.  And I'm also not sure that I have the time required to make this happen.  See, first I have to locate the materials.  Since I've already take a few rides to different stores and searched the internet for the materials, I'm thinking this isn't as easy as it sounds.  Thus far I have wasted time and gas.  That's before we even get to the time to make something I've never made before.

Despite the fact that I'm a big believer in making things with love, this time, I'm going to have order cords with love.  And the hand making part will be done by a woman who owns an Etsy shop.  I love Etsy!  So, I've been researching my options.  I needed something that Sam would like.  I wanted something that would incorporate Sam's family colors.  And by George, I think I've got it!

If all goes well.  Fingers crossed.  There will be pictures.  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment