Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dreamers have a back up plan

For a week and a half, I have been trying to get in touch with the guy in charge of catering and banquets at Fontana Village.  We decided that was where we wanted to hold the wedding nearly a month ago.  And most of the kins are worked out except for this little itty bitty sticking point.

We have no idea where we are going to hold the wedding.  Oh, that.

Our original thought was that we'd hold it at the lovely stone circle with a pretty stone archway.  I had no idea it was a rentable venue.  Oh, but it is.  And someone else has already decided it would be the perfect spot for their nuptials.

I didn't discover this fact through email.  I received a message on my voice mail the one time that the guy actually called me back.  And I think that is one of the main reasons I am taking such offense.

I'm not used to being ignored.  And if he's not ignoring me, it sure does feel that way.  Part of me wants to leave a 'Don't make me come up there' message.  Part of me wants to cancel and go somewhere that I can get someone to work with me.  And the calmer rational part of me thinks that there's plenty of time.  This will all work out.

I know.  That's a lot of parts.  What can I say?  I'm complex.

So this has become a study in patience.  It has become a situation for me to exercise my problem solving skills.  And that's what I'm doing.

We have back up plans.  One of them is bound to work out.  If we can get the location at the marina, maybe we'll incorporate a pebble ceremony into the wedding.  For those of you not familiar, that's where all the friends and family throw pebbles into the water while thinking happy thoughts for us.

If I believe in anything, it's the power of positive thinking.

Just last Labor Day when we were up there, we saw an incredible amount of shooting stars.  And I laid there and wished on every one.  Did I mention that all those wishes are coming true?  The very last one will be on September 10, 2011 when Sam and I finally commit to forever in the most tangible way possible.

I just wish you could all be there...wherever we end up.

4 comments:

  1. You are so calm and collected with all this...ohh just a minor detail? Good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jolene, I have learned that everything works out. We have a cabin with a great front porch. We'll be building our own fire circle. Worse case scenario, we marry there. I'm not worried because I don't have anything to worry about. It'll work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9 ft around circle with stone? Shouldn't take long to clear and if you bring rocks with you and find some there it will work well. Are you going to face East to the morning sun?

    Well, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh, no need for a formal venue -- it's the groom-to-be and the company you keep that matters most. If it's on the front or back porch, meh, whatever's clever.

    ReplyDelete