Monday, August 1, 2011

Dreamers kick back and relax


We have a new schedule now that I'm not working outside of the home. Weeks and weekends, what day it is...mostly means nothing. We work when we have work to do. We relax when we don't.

The last few nights have been punctuated by quality time and family time and thunderstorms. And I love all three of those things. Most of all, I love the people I'm sharing my life with.

Rachel has brought a new addition to our home...in the form of Austin. He's nice and polite and helpful. He appreciates everything we do for him. And I didn't even have to get stretchmarks. Very nice.

It seems like we have so much fun lately, despite the stress of the remodel. We laugh a lot. There's always a reason. Most recently, the pets have been particularly entertaining.

We have had issues in the past with Ninja running out the door and hiding out in the yard. The last incident that had Rachel, Austin, me and Sam out in the yard close to midnight trying to recover her. The very next day, Rachel brought home a harness and a leash and decided to leash train the cat. Ninja has been walking around for days wearing a harness and leash. It has created a lot of hilarity.

Sophie, for example, chases after the leash like Ninja is taunting her with a string. And Sam tied Ninja to Bishop the other morning so that Bishop could try to walk her. I'm not sure who was more miserable, Bishop or Ninja. The rest of us were doubled over laughing.

So we have achieved a comfortable routine of working by day and playing at night. We know how to relax. We share food with friends and neighbors. We share laughter and stories. We make memories. And I'm constantly relaxed and happy. Not a bad way to live.

2 comments: