Thursday, August 4, 2011

A mighty storm


Yes, Tropical Storm Emily is causing us to travel to Charleston in the morning to batten down the hatches. It used to just be an expression, but now that we have a boat and it has hatches, the expression makes a lot more sense. So, it's off to the marina we go.

Sam is not looking forward to it. Me, however, I most certainly am. And this is why...

How many times are we going to get to ride out a tropical storm on a boat? I think it sounds super cool. And I can't wait to sleep while the boat is tossed about. If there's thunder and lightening...all the better. If I were on the boat alone...completely different story. Sharing the experience with Sam...awesome.

I'm not sure if I can think of a more romantic adventure for our first weekend alone in forever. Okay, it's only been a few months, but it still seems like forever. I cherish our alone time. And we don't have so much of it anymore.

Nope. There are people around all the time. Mostly, I don't mind. Ah, but there are times that I just want him all to myself. I'm selfish like that.

So, it's a good thing we were alone for a few hours the other day. That's the beauty of me working from home. I can do it whenever. I try to do it during the day, but it doesn't always work out that way.

The other day, Sam was home for a bit working. He finished sealing the grout in the bathroom. That's when I heard it. He was filling the tub.

Sam: The kids are gone for a while, right?

me: Yup. Everyone's working.

He smiled.

Sam: Let's christen the tub while they're gone.

So we did. We hung out in the bathtub with the whirlpool going. We snuggled some and joked a lot. It was fun. And he shows me more and more his romantic side.

Sam: Too bad you don't have one of those bath balls like we did at the beach.

Our first trip, I knew that we had a whirlpool tub in the room, so I picked up a fizzing magical bath ball. It left some petals floating in the water. It let off this inviting aroma. And it made my skin feel so soft and special. Obviously, he liked it. There's talk of us getting another one for the next time we're alone. Whenever that rare moment occurs.

The good thing is that because of it, we cherish the moments more than ever. And I'm glad a mighty storm has us running off to a place I love to protect a boat that was our dream. We'll have fun. We'll make the most of our alone time. And we'll come back with some memories.

1 comment: