Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dreamers know planning makes perfect

Yes, I know that real saying is that practice makes perfect.  Ah, but I plan to only marry Sam once so I have to get it right the first time.  Sure, I may convince him to do a vow renewal at ten and twenty-five years, but we're only going to do the actual marriage once.

One time to get it right.

And that begs the question, what will it take to make the day perfect?

We have agreed, without a doubt, that it's all about the people you share the event with.  (Yes, I realize I am saying this even as I'm not inviting my own children.  Long story that makes perfect sense.)  And it's all about being where we are happy.

So, we have our dream location covered.  We have our dream weekend planned.  And we have our dream ceremony selected.

We'll be going with a handfasting.  I found the vows online.  I'm not sure how I survived before the internet.  Really.  I've also found the flutes, vase, votives, and sarongs online.  With some money and some wi-fi, I'll have this thing together in no time.

Ah, but the vows...  I wanted something real.  I wanted something real.  I wanted something honest.  I wanted something that was completely us.  And that's what I found in these vows.

I can't wait to say them.  I can't wait to be Sam's wife.  I can't wait for him to be my husband.  He's so cute.  He already practices.  He calls me his wife.

Still, I figure out how to make this a special day, a special weekend, and ultimately a special life for us.  We're on a great path.  I'm not worried.  It will be perfect for us.

6 comments:

  1. Mountains, a lake, delicious cake, a great mate, and a small gathering of family and close friends. Sounds like a plan. And somehow, I *think* I understand the deal with not bringing along the kids. Kids and honeymoons don't mix. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you checked to see how close you are to Fontana Dam? I'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vows. Brings back memories of our handfasting we had on Yule 2003, 1 1/2 years before we actually wed. Tying the Knot is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! Lucky for me, I know it won't be more fun than the marriage. We have a good time together. We've grown so much as a couple in just the last few months. So happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The handfasting ceremony is beautiful - and so appropriate for you, especially the part where it asks if you will share each other's dreams. Thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete