Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dreamers attract other dreamers


Or it could just be that the boat is quite the conversation piece.

Yes, we're friendly. We will talk to anyone that talks to us. Okay, and we talk to lot so people who don't. I guess we can't help ourselves. I just like pulling others into our happiness.

All I know is that we were working on the boat soon after we arrived Saturday and people began talking to us. And the thing about boat people is that they are very helpful. Soon, we made some friends. Our little boat is still on day dock. A couple of other day dockers invited us over for drinks after dinner.

So we went.

I have to admit I was really super excited to hang out with Jon and Renne for a couple of reasons...first, they are living my dream. They have a 42 foot sailboat that they have been living on and traveling with for two and a half years. And second, they are bloggers!

I love meeting bloggers. We all know that I have maintained a long friendship with Pippi, my first in real life blog buddy. We still get our toes done and catch up as often as possible. Now, I can also claim Jon and Renne.

They are newbies, so I'd love it if you could give them a little blog love. Renne is published on Kindle, just like me. She wrote a romance/suspense/mystery novel. She even painted the cover. (I wish I could be more artistic...) She started a blog about a month ago: Sailady Passages. And her husband Jon blogs about their sailing adventures on the S.V. Jonne. They named their boat after their names. Cool, huh?

So, we hung out on their beautifully refurbished boat. They did the bulk of the work themselves. And I taught them a little about blogging. I encouraged them to dive into Twitter and use labels and incorporate lots of pictures. I love sharing my knowledge with such promising writers.

Stop by and visit them. Encourage them on their travels. And follow along with some fellow dreamers as they make all their dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment