Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dreamers know perseverance pays off

This will be the ceremony backdrop.  Nice, huh?
I'm going to call it perseverance anyway.  It sounds so much prettier than calling it what it was.

Yeah.  I was the squeaky wheel.

For nearly two weeks I've been calling to try to set a location for our wedding.  We had hoped to marry in the fire circle near the cabin.  The stone arch spoke to Sam.  And I wanted him to be happy.

I keep saying this and I think people are shocked, but it's true.  I'm getting my dream man and my dream marriage.  I'll let him weigh in on his idea of a dream wedding.

After three years, I know what he wants.  I know what he likes.  And he deserved to have it.

So, I suggested the destination wedding.  I suggested the location to be one that was special to us.  And if he wanted us to marry in the fire circle, so be it.

On the other hand...I love the water.  I have always dreamed of marrying outside near the water.  And that's why when we couldn't get the fire circle, I immediately thought of the marina.

There's a lovely covered section there, that is part of the dock.  And Sam wouldn't have to worry about overexposure to the sun.  Gingers have to consider these things.  And those that love gingers would be good to consider it as well.

Also, since it is covered and outdoors, we are good to have the ceremony there no matter what the weather holds.  I wouldn't mind at all if there were thunderstorms.  That would make for some fantastic pictures.

All I know is that I can relax completely.  Clearly, I wasn't too stressed to begin with.  Now...even less.

And all it took was yet another phone call.  This time I called the operator back when I didn't get even the voice mail.  Finally, she located the man I needed to speak with on property.  He offered to call me back unless I wanted to hold.  Oh, and I did.  So, I held.

Once again, the determined bride gets her dream venue.  And this is the best part.  Guess how much it costs me?  No really.  Guess!

I only have to pay $1 for each chair that I need set up.  It doesn't get better or less expensive than this.

3 comments: