Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dreamers know when to ask for help


There are plenty of things that I can accomplish all by myself. I can carry such heavy loads that it has earned me the name 'pack mule' around the house. I can run on almost no sleep when needed to complete tasks. I can leap tall buildings with a single bound. Oh, right. That's not me. That's Superman. I can just clean tall buildings in a single day. If I have to. Because someone was paying me. Or holding a gun to my head.

Still, there are other times that I need a bit of assistance. I know my limitations when it comes to computers, no matter what Klout has to say about it. I prefer to have help maintaining the house because...I have better things to do with my time.

And then there's moments like this.

See, we're working on getting a grant that will help the business grow. You know the beauty of grants, right? You don't have to pay them back. Free money! Yay!

Well, this grant is being offered by Intuit, the makers of my beloved Quickbooks program, one of a few programs I couldn't live without. And I promised Sam I would do everything I could, call in all the favors, work my social media connections, and beg for votes.

You can't see it, but I'm on my knees right now. My hands are folded under my chin. And I'm sharing my best pleading face. Okay, the face could use some work...

Anyway, the voting is simple. It' just something I can't do all by myself. The most I can do is try to wrangle other votes. So, I'm wrangling!

To help us get the grant by text or online...

  • Send a text to 244326. In the message write 'carolinahome' and wait for the response. You'll get a text back that asks for your name. A first name is fine. And a second text will ask why you like us. It can be brief.
  • Click on this link: Love a Local Business. It will bring you to a website where they ask for you to complete three simple steps in order to vote: Name, email, and comment.
Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. This grant will be awarded in October. The contest ends in September. Everyone can vote once a month. Yeah, I'll be bothering you to vote once again. Many thanks in advance.


4 comments:

  1. I already cast my vote for this month, but make sure you remind me to do it again. Good luck, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krys, I know you did! Many thanks. We have moved from 36,000 to in the 1200s. We still have a long way to go, but every vote helps so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Done and done!!! I posted in on FB,too, so hopefully that helps

    ReplyDelete