Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dreamers take a hands on approach

Handfasting ceremony
Or maybe just all the dreamers I know do. 

That's why when it comes to planning the wedding, I'm taking on much of the responsibility.  It isn't simply that it is cheaper to do it myself, it's also that there's a sense of pride that comes from knowing I arranged the flowers with love, or poured the candles with love, or even braided the handfasting cords with love and cook for the reception with love.

That's something else about dreamers...it's all about the love.

Sure, there may be times that the money is tight, but there is love in spades.  Spades, I tell you!  And with that much love, I don't worry how the day will turn out.  I don't worry whether everyone will have a fun wedding weekend.  I don't worry if the food will be good.  (Trust me, I know food.)

So, no worried about the love or my ability to make things pretty.  There are a few little concerns that there will be time enough to accomplish everything I'd like to.  I shouldn't worry about that.  I have yet to miss a deadline.  It will all come together.  It will be beautiful.  It will be relaxing.  And there will be loads of updates.  Dreamers can't help but share.

3 comments:

  1. We did the Celtic Handfasting before we married. Then we tried to get it worked into our wedding ceremony but the Ship's Captain, we married on a steamboat, lost our ceremony vows. So I just tied the cords to my bouquet and went withe Native American Blessing that the Captain said instead of what we had planned. In the end its all about knowing that as a couple you'll be there for each through the bad as well as the good.

    Good luck Cousin. May you always have more happiness than sadness in your marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be a busy few weeks leading up to a beautiful wedding and I know you will wring enjoyment out of every minute of the experience because that's what you do... as long as you're kept fed, of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky and Krys, I wish you could be there! And I am enjoying the heck out of the experience. Can't wait to marry my best friend.

    ReplyDelete