Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dreamers deal with life's changes

There are so many changes lately.  Sam can't sleep.  Which means I can't sleep.  And yet we're doing amazingly well not being cranky with each other.

Last night, he looked at me and asked about going to bed early.  We're talking 10:30pm.  For us, that's early.  And exhausted as I was, I gladly agreed to go.

It takes me a bit to settle in, find a comfortable position.  And Sam is incredibly patient, even though I'm blocking the television and keeping us up.  He doesn't settle in until I do.

At about 1am, I woke to him leaving the room.  And he didn't come back until 4am.  I checked on him once.  He was asleep on the couch.  And my need to have him sleeping close made me want to climb over his legs and join him, but I decided to let him sleep.

When he finally came back to bed, I snuggled against him and simply breathed, "I missed you," against his chest.  And that was the last we spoke until I urged him to turn off the alarm at 7am.

Later, however, we discussed that he isn't sleeping well...and its impact on the rest of us.

We agreed that he may need to consider taking some sleeping pills.  He can't turn off his mind so that he can really rest.  And that's a problem.  And we talked about the fact that the room is hot and I am hot and it makes him feel like he's boiling...so we're problem solving some solutions for that, too.

Somehow, we'll get this all worked out.  In the meantime, I am working as hard and as fast as I can to get it all together.  I think the ebb in money stresses will help greatly.  And I think he worries some over the pregnancy.  Maybe more than some.  All I know is that the baby is still kicking, and so am I.

1 comment:

  1. Turn on a fan. Have him meditate. Sleeping pills though touted as being ideal aren't. Too many side effects like sleep driving and sleep sex. Trust me on that one!

    ReplyDelete