Monday, December 19, 2011

Dreamers overdo it

Saturday was a huge day for me.  Huge, I tell you.

I managed to publish my latest book, Live the List, on Friday night and discovered it was ready for distribution Saturday morning.  And that meant I had to start driving sales.  To do that, I also changed the price of all my books.  Yes, that should help.  And I wrote a post on Suddenly Single Journey, prepared the Facebook fan page, and the Live the List Challenge.

It was a lot of work, but it was only the beginning.

Then I spoke to Jennie and she told me that she was on the way.  So, I had to clean.  Some.  Sam helped.  He vacuumed for me.  And by the time that was done, I was tired.  Really tired.

Ah, and Jennie hadn't even arrived yet.  Soon she did.  That's when the real fun began.  We had a list of things to do that was the length of my arm.  Jennie had agreed to run to Macy's with us because of an amazing sale.  And we had plans to do the baby registry at Target.  Then we had the Carolina Christmas to attend.  It was going to be a long day.

It really was. 

And I have to tell you, I was really surprised about Sam.  He decided to join me and Jennie on the shopping part.  He was already going to do the Carolina Christmas with us.  I didn't expect that.  In fact, we had discussed that he wasn't really interested in working on the baby registry with me.  He figured I kind of knew all there was about that kind of thing and he was leaving it up to my whims.  I do like that sometimes.

But something changed in him that morning.

He received an email about the sale at Macy's.  And next thing I know, he's looking at baby clothes.  He's helping me pick baby clothes.  And he's talking about buying some baby clothes.  With the holiday sales and the fact that there was an additional 20% off for using his card, it meant some serious bargain shopping.

Next thing you know, Sam is with us shopping at Macy's and completing the baby registry.  I think even he was a little surprised about it.  And Jennie was impressed.

Jennie: None of my guys like shopping.

Sam really enjoys shopping.  And he participated in our shopping experience.  It was great.  He was funny and sweet and supportive.  He was enthusiastic.  He offered opinions about the various outfits.  And I have to tell you, it was nice having his input.

He even found the perfect rocking chair.  He has decided that if he's going to have to rock the little one to sleep, he's going to be comfortable.  So, he tried out some rockers while we worked on the registry.  And he made a few simple requests...frog towels...that I was more than happy to oblige.  He lifted down the perfect stroller.  It's a car seat and stroller made by Safety First.  It works with babies as little as 4 pounds.  That matters for me.  We'll be having a preemie.

All I know is that the day was painless and fun.  The evening was even better.  By the time it was over, we had managed to wear me out.  I was so stiff and sore I could barely move.  That was all reason Sam needed to massage me.  I loved it.  He spoils me.  And I think part of the reason he does is because I appreciate him so much.

Sometimes I push myself too hard.  It all works out.  And I probably needed the exercise.

4 comments:

  1. You are so productive, my friend!! Awesome progress on all fronts and I am so glad you get a visit with your friend too. Merry merry times :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still holding out hope for you to carry this baby to at least 36 or 37 weeks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jolene, I have to be productive. Time's a wasting!

    @Meredith, you and me both! Although I will admit I picked up a preemie outfit the other day just in case...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete