Friday, December 2, 2011

Dreamers make headway

Today.  Today there are true signs of progress. 

It took long enough.

It's so hard when you have the dream all figured out, but just can't quite seem to get there.  Yesterday was a huge fat waste of a day.  I almost brought the laptop thinking that I could get some work done in between all the waiting, but I let Sam talk me out of it.  Big mistake.  Huge mistake.  And it's costing me today...and most likely for the rest of the weekend. 

I have twelve articles to write today.  And I have a product to ship UPS.  And I have some writing to do for the new site.  And I have more paperwork to complete for NACA in an effort to modify our loan.  And if I think really hard, I'm sure I can find about a dozen more things to do.  Actually, with my Swiss cheese brain, I'm probably already forgetting something. 

Bear with me. 

All I know is that for the first time in a long time, I am in the black.  Yup.  My bank account is good.  I'm so happy.  And I may even have a few bucks to spend on the holiday this year.  We'll see.  Big change from last year.

And part of the reason that I am feeling so encouraged is because of the website progress made.  I met with my guru on Wednesday afternoon.  It was...eventful.  Both if his girls were there, but his wife was still working.  So there were plenty of distractions.  They are so cute that I was mostly kept giggling.  And I couldn't help but think about the little girl I'm carrying, of course.  What will she be like?

We made progress on the website.  He hooked me up with a word program.  And I just felt all kinds of productive and ready to go.  I managed to get so much done...even at home.  I installed the printer on my computer.  It's more challenging when all I have on the laptop are USB ports.  So, I have to come up more creative ways of locating the programs I need.  I'm learning.

There have been more emails about the site from the guru.  Looks like we could have it up in no time.  And that's a good thing since people are already looking for ways to make a little extra cash.  I'm here to help.  It's a mutually beneficial relationship. 

More to follow.  Progress is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment