Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dreamers live for progress

I know I have a lot going on.  Ah, but for those of you who have been reading me any length of time, you know that's just how I am.  I love having lots of projects.

At the moment, I'm focused on having a healthy baby.  So, I try to take care of myself.  That means that I put my feet up a lot.  And if I'm working, it's usually on the computer.  I have to be as productive as possible.  Babies aren't cheap.  They have lots of needs.  Oh, and it will be our job to fulfill them.

Sam is happily at work today.  And I'm happy he is at work today.  I need to the space to get more work accomplished.  Really.  As much as I love having him around in the evenings, when I am trying to get work done during the day and he's busy trying to figure out what I'm working on and interrupting my train of thought, it can be very frustrating.  I have a plan...at all times.  I have goals that are constantly changing and being modified with the situation.

So, I'm hoping that with all the effort I'm putting forth these days, there will be a payoff into the new year.  I'm hoping that lots of readers will join me in the Live the List Challenge.  It's so exciting to watch the sales every day.  It's just starting.  And hopefully once the holidays are over, the sales will grow exponentially.  We need that.  And I'm hoping the efforts put forth on Rentable Me will pay off once we have more SEO done.

Of course, never one to sit and wait around, I have other projects I'm working on.  I have to have more books on the shelves of Amazon.  That means that I have to keep on writing.  And let's face it, my best bet id to get this writing done before the little one arrives.  I'm guessing I have about three months.  I also have about a half dozen partial manuscripts.  Guess that means I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Still, I like that.  If I play my cards right, I may just be able to fund my own maternity leave.  I'll be able to get back in the swing of feedings and changings and nappings...oh my!  And we won't have any money stresses because of the work I've done to prepare.  At least, that's my plan.

So check out the books available on Amazon, please.  And pick up Live the List and join the Challenge.  And if you love my writing style, hire me on Rentable Me.  I love to work.

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving Live the List so much that I found myself up way past my bedtime last night. I glanced at the time: 12:08AM. I remembered the bookmark option, bookmarked it, and got ready for bed. I suspect I'll open it back up and devour it tomorrow night. Great reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith, I'm so glad you like it. It was challenging to write, but I think that makes the end result so much more worthwhile. Hope this means you'll be joining me in The Challenge this year. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete