Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dreamers make great contacts

 For all people say about Twitter, I have to tell you, it's worked out pretty well for me.

I met a woman on Twitter in the fall who asked me to answer some questions for an article she was writing.  It was about women who work with they husbands and how that all played out.  As you know, Sam and I have been working together for years now in various capacities.  I've always helped him with his work one way or another.  Now, I get a title and everything.  The business line rings through to my phone and I get to make all kinds of important decisions.  All by myself.

So, I gladly responded to her call for information.  It was nice chatting with her and we soon realized that she lived just over the border in South Carolina, maybe fifteen minutes from me.  Naturally, I suggested we meet up.  That's the kind of risk taker I am.

Well, we finally managed to hook up for breakfast at Panera last month before Thanksgiving.  And we have kept in touch via email and Twitter.  And yesterday we met at Panera again.

She's a women's business consultant, which works well, since I am a woman in business.  We have a lot in common.  One of the best things is that we both want to help each other succeed.  She has an already successful business, while I am still starting out. 

What I love about working with Eileen of Sleeve Shirt Consulting, LLC, is that she is so positive and helpful.  She knows her business and she's great at helping others achieve their goals.  We have plans to meet again soon.  In the meantime, check out Eilleen and visit my new revamped business site: Rentable Me.  It's designed to help you find the business outsourcing solution you need and the marketplace for you to find work in your field.

Let me know if you have any questions.  I'm here to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment