Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dreamers get ready for company

It's only Wednesday.  And Jennie and George aren't coming until Saturday.  Oh, but it may take me the rest of the week to get the house ready.

I'm ready.

And we bathed Bishop the other day, so he's ready.

And Sam always looks good.  Don't tell him I said that.  It will go straight to his head and I swear some days he's hard enough to live with.

Ah, but the house.  Crap.

I swear I just vacuumed.  I know I did.  And yet Bishop hair is everywhere.  And I know I didn't dust, but that's because it kind of got all out of order and I just thought...who cares.  Because at the moment, I didn't.

This tree has added responsibilities I never imagined.  I have to water the freakin' thing daily.  And Sam said he'd race me to the kitchen so that he could water it, on account of I look ridiculous trying to slither under the tree with this belly, and there's a distinct possibility that one day I might just not make it out...oh, but he was at a crawl, playing with his zoo on his phone while walking.  And even me, with my obvious challenges in mobility, beat him to the pitcher.

So, the house needs a good cleaning.  The guest bed is made.  And a quick dusting and vacuuming will make it all right.  Keenan cleaned his bathroom last night...after much instruction and even more attention.  What kind of question is this?

Keenan: Mom, why don't I have a toilet brush in my bathroom?

me: We threw the old one out when we redid the bathroom.  I didn't buy a new one because we only use it once a week so it's not like we couldn't share.

And in all honesty, the way I have to clean behind him, it's not like it needed to be super convenient for him anyway.  Grr.

Oh, but, yay!  Jennie and George are coming.  We have plans.  We have fun stuff to do.  We're using my free blogger admission ticket to Carolina Christmas.  And we'll be petting animals, checking out lights, viewing tons of decorated trees, and making S'mores.  Note how I always save the best for last.  Yay, S'mores!  I doubt they will be as good as my secret recipe.  I may have to bring more chocolate to make up for that.  These things can be fixed.

The cleaning will be worth it.  The visit is long overdue.  And so is the fun and relaxation.  By then, it will only be a week until Christmas.  Ouch.

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, s'mores. Leave it to me to read this post and decide to comment on the s'mores. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a lot of fun planned. If Sam doesn't want to water the tree for you then get the garden hose and offer to water him, the phone, and the tree.

    ReplyDelete