Friday, December 9, 2011

Dreamers decorate their life

I love Christmas.  I love decorating the house for the holidays. 

When I grew up, my one desire was to have a fireplace and a mantel for hanging stockings.  To mean, the hearth is the heart of the home.  I guess I'm really old fashioned at heart. 

So one of the features that really does make this my dream home...the fireplace.  I love it.  And I really love it decorated.

This year...a real tree.

And I have already discovered the pros and cons of a real tree.  On the one hand, I love that the house smells like tree.  It is so nice to have the scent of it lingering in the living room.  I think it looks so pretty with all the white lights on it. 

Ah, but there's a dark side to trees.  I am having to vacuum way more than I ever wanted to.  In fact, I don't think I've had to vacuum this much since Bishop was a puppy.  And there's the constant watering.  Every day.  Sometimes twice.  So...you'd think there would be less needles dropping, right?

Still, I cherish this last month of every year where the house goes out with a bang, just like the year.  I love our lit garland mantle.  I love the warm cozy.  And I'll treasure every minute of the next few weeks until we de-decorate and burn the tree.

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised you have any ornaments left to decorate with after Bishop went through most of them last year.

    ReplyDelete