Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dreamers see magic everywhere!

The last few days have been super special.

I had a momentary panic when I was expecting money from a company, but the money never arrived.  I was pretty much counting on it to pay bills.  There are always bills and there isn't always money.

So, when I contacted the company and asked when the money might arrive, I discovered it in the mail box later that day.

Magic.
 

And while I know I'm supposed to have this voracious appetite because I'm eating for two and all, I haven't yet.  Nope.  Not even a little bit.

Then there was yesterday.  The appetite hit full force.  I couldn't get enough food.  I ate two apples.  I ate a bowl of cereal.  I ate a twelve inch Subway sandwich.  I barely chewed the granola bar.  (So, it's not like I'm eating super unhealthy...)  Oh, not all in one sitting, either.  This was over the course of the day... And then, just when I was thinking I would find nothing to satisfy the food urges, a package arrived in the mail.

My mother sent all the Christmas presents already.  She's amazing like that.  When I grow up, I hope I can be that organized.

And in that package...homemade peanut butter balls.  They are the best magic ever.

I can bake.  I can cook.  I have not even attempted to make these, even though I have the recipe, even though I've watched her do it dozens of times through the years.  I don't think I have the skill or patience.

Ah, but magic.

Magic is like finding moments of happiness for me.

It seems fitting.  I just read a post that T put up on Facebook.  It rings so true.  It's all about what happy people do differently.  Why they really are happy.  And I'm doing pretty well.  Check it out

It gave me areas for improvement.  It reminded me of what I'm doing right.  And it's the kind of thing I want to share with all those I know and love.  So...enjoy it.  And embrace it.  And live it.  Be happy.

2 comments:

  1. Glad your money showed up. As for hunger the "eating for two" is really a myth. All you need is an extra 300 calories a day. Think a piece of bread with a nut spread on it and a glass of orange juice. Seriously that is all any pregnant woman needs when carrying only one baby. Any extra calories is just mind over matter adding extra pounds when its not needed which will make more trouble with a pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm.... peanut butter balls... Nom nom nom.

    Yes, my friend. Find the magic! Be happy NOW!

    ((hugs)) to you and the baby!

    ReplyDelete